Country Cablevision, Inc. (CCVN) is committed to providing our Internet services as an open platform for innovation, investment, job creation, economic growth, competition, and free expression. The purpose of this disclosure is to make available information regarding our network management practices and the performance and commercial terms of our broadband Internet access services to enable you to make informed choices regarding the purchase and use of our services, in accordance with Part 8 of the Rules of the Federal Communications Commission.
Pricing and Terms of Service
Your service is subject to CCVN’s Acceptable Internet Use Policy and its Subscriber Agreement posted at http://www.ccvn.com/policies.html
CCVN offers a wide selection of broadband Internet access plan options. To see CCVN’s current promotions and pricing on broadband Internet access service, please visit our website http://www.ccvn.com/servicesint.html or call (828) 682-4074 to speak with a customer service representative.
CCVN’s Internet service is priced on a flat-fee basis (plus taxes). At this time, CCVN does not charge end users a usage-based fee for internet service.
Network Management Practices
In the interest of enhancing the online experience for all of CCVN’s customers, CCVN utilizes reasonable network management practices tailored to achieve legitimate network management purposes. Because bandwidth is a limited resource, CCVN manages its network to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet by all of CCVN’s customers. By engaging in reasonable and responsible network management, CCVN attempts to protect its customers from being subjected to the negative effects of spam, viruses, security attacks, and other risks that threaten to degrade service. The network management practices employed by CCVN are consistent with industry standards. CCVN is permitted to make reasonable efforts to address the transfer of unlawful or harmful content.
At this time, CCVN does not employ any congestion management tools, practices or software on network traffic.
CCVN does not make use of any application-specific network management practices, or target specific types of traffic based on their technology or their provider. Our telephone service traffic will be prioritized to ensure voice quality and phone functionality. Except as described herein, CCVN does not favor, modify, inhibit, rate control or block any specific protocols, protocol ports or fields, or any applications or classes of applications.
Device Attachment Rules
Customers may attach to their service any compatible device that conforms to publicly available industry standards and is not harmful to CCVN’s network, except that residential customers may not attach any type of server.
CCVN offers its customers unrestricted access to all of the lawful content, services, and applications available on the Internet. CCVN uses industry standard tools and generally accepted best practices and policies to protect our customers from spam, phishing, viruses, and other unwanted or harmful online content and activities. We accordingly attempt to block ports and protocols associated with malware and malicious content.
CCVN’s Internet services are described as offering “up to” certain speeds. While we engineer our network to achieve the speeds for each of the service tiers we offer, we cannot guarantee that customers will always experience those speeds. Speeds can vary depending on variables including the following:
- Performance of a customer’s computer, including its age, processing capability, its operating system, the number of applications running simultaneously, and the presence of any adware or viruses.
- Type of connection between a customer’s computer and modem. For example, wireless connections may be slower than direct connections into a router or modem. Wireless connections also may be subject to greater fluctuations, interference and congestion. We do not recommend wireless modem connections for use with higher speed tiers.
- The distance packets travel (round trip time of packets) between a customer’s computer and its final destination on the Internet, including the number and quality of the networks of various operators in the transmission path. A customer’s connection may traverse the networks of multiple providers before reaching its destination, and the limitations of those networks will most likely affect the overall speed of that Internet connection.
- Congestion. If a large number of visitors are accessing a site or particular destination at the same time, your connection will be affected if the site or destination does not have sufficient capacity to serve all of the visitors efficiently. Congestion can also occur when our customers served by the same facilities simultaneously request high volumes of data, such as peak usage hours during the evening.
- Gating of speeds or access by the website or destination. In order to control traffic or performance, many websites limit the speeds at which a visitor can download from their site. Those limitations will carry through to a customer’s connection. 6. The performance of the cable modem you have installed. Modem performance may degrade over time, and certain modems are not capable of handling higher speeds.
The actual speeds achieved with CCVN’s Internet service offering make CCVN’s Internet service suitable for real-time applications, such as Voice over Internet Protocol
(“VoIP”). Your use of our telephone service does not materially affect your Internet performance. If we deliver other Internet Protocol based services or any specialized or managed services in the future that would likely affect your Internet services, we will provide additional information as appropriate.
The various network management tools and techniques utilized by CCVN do not monitor, inspect or store the network activity and traffic of its Internet service users. Further, as part of its network management practices, CCVN does not distribute information on network activity and/or traffic to any third party, or use network traffic information for any non-network management purpose.
CCVN affords full access to all lawful content, services and applications available on the Internet and does not routinely monitor, inspect or store the network activity and traffic of its Internet service users. However, CCVN reserves the right to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions and content for purposes of protecting the integrity of the network and CCVN’s Internet access service through reasonable network management practices.
CCVN may collect equipment information to identify the equipment customer is using on the network, including, but not limited to: equipment type, serial number, settings, configuration and software. CCVN may also collect performance information to examine the operation of the equipment, services and applications the customer may use on the network, including, but not limited to: IP addresses, URLs, data transmission rates and latencies, location information, security characteristics, and information about the amount of bandwidth and other network resources customer is using in connections with uploading, downloading or streaming data to and from the Internet.
Network traffic, activity, performance information, and equipment information monitored or collected by CCVN is done so for the sole purpose of reasonable network management purposes.
The CCVN’s network management practices as discussed herein are intended solely to enhance the online experience for all of CCVN’s customers by safeguarding our network and its users from spam, viruses, phishing, and other unwanted or harmful online content and activities. CCVN’s network management practices are not intended, nor implemented, to block consumers from accessing the content and applications of their choice, deprive consumers of their benefits of competition, or discriminate against or in favor of certain network traffic. End users with questions, concerns or complaints regarding CCVN’s network management practices are encouraged to contact CCVN for issue resolution.
If you have any questions regarding CCVN’s Network Management Practices Policy or would like to file a complaint with CCVN regarding its network management practices, please contact CCVN at:
Country Cablevision, Inc.
9449 State Highway 197 South
Burnsville, NC 28714